Monday, January 31, 2011

13 year old Asma Goldman's story..

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

ASSALAMUALAIKUM WR...

Assalamu Alaikum Rahmetullahi wa’Barakatu.
My name is Sally, my Muslim friends call me Asma. I am thirteen years old, and I converted to Islam on February 16, 2010.
I was born to a non-practicing Catholic mother and a Conservative Jewish father. I was raised a reform Jew and became very ‘into’ Judaism. I had plans to become a Bat Mitzvah (daughter of the commandment) and a rabbi at the age of eight.
When I was twelve, I finally became a Bat Mitzvah. I also sparked an interest for other religions, specifically, Islam, as most of my friends at the time were Muslim. SubhanAllah, I got my hands on an English translation of the Holy Qur’an! The more I read, the more I researched. I read even more about Judaism, and I started to disagree with it more and more.
A small group from our temple took a tour of the local Masjid. That was it. I HAD to convert. I knew in my heart that Islam was the Truth-the answer to all of my problems. On February 16, 2010, I sat with my Muslim friends on the floor of my school library and said the Shahadda.
As of now (May 2010) my parents do not know of my conversion. I have been told by many not to tell them until I am eighteen. It is hard to be a Muslim in a conservative family who thinks that Muslims are terrorists. Until I am eighteen, I will continue praying in closets and studying Qur’an at midnight. InshAllah everything will work out in the end :)

No comments: